Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Get into the groove

Time

As I write it is midway through the second week of uni. Have I been sticking to my study timetable? Of course not.
Have I at least been going to all my classes? What am I a first year? No!

Okay, so far I have missed two lectures, one of which I have since listened to online, the other I will listen to once it's been uploaded.

I have been putting in nowhere near enough hours of study. I am slightly behind in my readings, but have more or less been prepared for any classes that involve interaction and have studied sufficiently for the two tests I've already had.

Most of my subjects have an open book exam at the end of the year which requires concise and ordered notes. I have so far in my university career failed to keep up to date with this during the semester and end up putting these notes together when I should be revising. Together with not doing enough work this has really reflected in my grades. I passed one subject last semester by 3 marks. Yes 3! I have a suspicion they were pity marks.

I really want to transfer into a combined degree as soon as possible so it is really important for me to get into the groove of studying every day to get my grades up. I seem to have difficulty studying in my huge breaks at uni, so I'm going to try focusing on these times and getting my routine tighter there.

I have however been finding the time to go to the gym, which brings me to:


Health

Last week I once again managed to get my lazy derriere to the gym 3 times! Four if you count the time I walked down to renew my membership but didn't actually go in passed the reception desk.

I still haven't moved from 75Kg (although my weigh in day is tomorrow, cross your fingers for me) BUT, I did notice a dress I used to have to squeeze myself into was a little roomy. My family have also made some really supportive comments about seeing some difference. So whether the numbers change when I get on those scales tomorrow or not this week I'm feeling pretty happy.

And finally tomorrow the lovely lady whose blog was the inspiration for me to start is doing a training session with me at uni tomorrow. She tells me she is going to work me hard. If I can get results like she is getting I'm sure it will be well worth it and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment