Friday, March 11, 2011

Stuff stuff!

Stuff

So far my goal to sort out my stuff and junk has gone nowhere. my stuff is in more chaos then when I started. So rather than putting off blogging until I have something to write about my newly found organisation of my junk, I am going to blog about it if and when it actually takes place.

Instead, lets talk some more about health goals


Health

Last week I not only met my three times a week gym goal,I beat it! I went to the gym 5 times last week. That's right 5 times mother lickers!! Lets see if I can at least make the 3 again this week.


On one of those times was an aqua aerobics class, which was fun and made me feel like I looked really silly, which in all probability I did. Luckily the only other person in the pool (not counting my lovely friend K and the instructor) was an older woman walking laps.
One of the other times was a boxing class. Girl did I feel that the next day.

The scales still haven't moved significantly (74.9Kg, 75Kg) and neither have my measurements. Think it could be because of diet? The other day I had pizza for breakfast (it was only one slice, but still...), a latte (my second that week) with my carbie lunch, and then after dinner demolished half a share bag of choc coated honeycomb.

I don't have a huge guilt response when I do this kind of thing. I also find that I can justify being slack in my health goals because I am not terribly unhealthy, I eat lots of fruit and veggies, I'm not hugely overweight... But I am more overweight than I let myself think about. And my cardio vascular system is very poor. I see seniors hitting the treadmills faster than me and taking it in their stride while I am panting and red faced. I told you last entry that I was off to donate blood, my veins are so tiny and lazy that after unsuccessfully trying to tap one, we had to have the discussion as to weather it was worth me coming back another time or if it would be a waste of their time. I guess that's not so much about what I'm putting in my mouth, but it does come back to maintaining motivation and remembering why I'm trying to get healthy.

So I need to find some other motivation to get my diet (and health goals in general) under control.
What works for you when the cheesecake, burger, chocolate or whatever else is your undoing is beckoning to you? How do you beat craving? What about the couch, x-box, next season of nurse Jackie when you could use the time in the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment