Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stuff

I have made very little inroads into organising my things. However, whilst trying to avoid going to a party the other night I did organise my hair bits and pieces. (And I ended up making myself go to the party. The party was good and it was good to get out of the house.)

My hair bits and pieces live in every nook and crannie of my house. Open a handbag - there is a bobby pin. Look in a drawer - there is a hair tie... and every time that I try to clean a room a start a new place for them, fully intending to amalgamate them with my existing stashes. It never happens. The stashes then get joined by a variety of other sundry items.

The time was now to make a master box. One that would house and sort different bits. A box that could be moved easily to a different room. Here's what I did:

First I obtained a sectioned box. It looks like a fishing tackle box.



Then I assembled my main hair stuff hidey holes.



Lastly I filled the box with the hair related stuff.



The sundry things that had accumulated with the hair bits have been roughly sorted and put in my bedroom for later sorting. I now know where safety pins have been when I have been looking for them any time in the past few years...

The organisey box still looks like a tackle box. Any ideas on how to pretty it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment