Monday, February 7, 2011

Time

For someone who has spent the last six years in the nine to five, having no commitments work or school wise for periods of longer than four weeks is very strange. Over my Summer holidays I have already worked for about three months and traveled for one. I have been back in the country for about two weeks now, in that time I have done very little.

Strangely having very little to do seems to be a challenge when it comes to trying to organise a routine. When stepping off the plane I had visions (possibly a side effect of the blood rushing back into my body after being squeezed in my seat for so long) of getting right back into my circadian rhythms and having productive days filled with checking things off my to do lists.

The reality has been more to the tune of struggling to get out of bed because I have nothing pressing to do. Once I do get out I have little motivation to do anything, I may have a very leisurely breakfast... sometimes photographing it. Maybe go to the gym if it takes my fancy, which it usually doesn't. Perhaps do some house chores... this is a sign of how little I have to do, usually house work is the last thing I would think to do, ever.

If I decided to think very positively I would tell you that my sudden input into the cleaning of the house is a good use of my time and I should keep it up. I might go with that... it sounds pretty good.


Goal

At this stage I am going to aim just to get my sleeping under control.

The mighty inter-webs tells me I should get 7-8 hours per night. I'm thinking I should get up at 7am, generally the time my partner gets up when we are in the same place, he can be my unknowing encouragement, which means I need to go to bed around 11pm.

I'm going to see if I can stick to this for a week. If I can then I will add some more structure to the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment