Monday, February 21, 2011

What's that that just went out the window? Don't worry, it's just my health resolutions

I have been super slack about my fitness goals. Lets have a little tour of those goals and how I have been ignoring each one shall we?

Weight: So far I have not managed to budge a single kilo. I have been weighing myself once a week on a Thursday morning, my results: 75.8, 76, 75.1, 75.2.

I did read somewhere that it is more accurate to look at body measurements as they're less likely to be as drastically changed by hydration levels. Now some days I drink an entire teapot worth of green tea (even if I didn't I think I would like to think that I can explain my weight away in water). I love a good teapot.

My starting measurements as of today are:
Bust: 104cm
Waist: 89 cm - waist measurements higher than 88cm for women place you in a higher risk of becoming diabetic. I think the measuring guide the dpt of health and aging give would make my score significantly higher and riskier...
Hips: 103cm

I took the advice on how to measure from here but only did three measurements because taking 8 measurements once a week sounds time consuming.

Diet

I had three goals in relation to diet. To limit take away meals to three times a week, to cut down on unhealthy snacking and to start controlling my portion sizes.

To say straight out that I have failed on every front would be both simplistic and negative. Well, I did eat out a whole lot more than three times a week. I have been a bit of a social butterfly, lets not even discuss that for now.
But portion sizes on the occasions I cooked my own meals were much better. And my snacking has been better on most days.

Here's a photo of one of the meals I did make at home. A salad with egg.




Exercise

My single goal here was to get to the gym or other physical activity three times a week. I have been averaging twice a week. Better than nothing, but room for improvement.

The highlight of the passed few weeks was indoor rock climbing. It was really enjoyable and gosh I felt it afterward.

1 comment:

  1. Your doing great honey so glad to follow your plan while I try to live my own... Ps when are you me and Glenn going rock climbing... Traitor ;)

    ReplyDelete